Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Let's Talk About Goals



Let's talk about goals, ladies.  (I just sang that phrase to the tune of "Let's Talk About Sex". Inappropriate?) After watching the inspirational TED Talk that I shared yesterday, I felt motivated to create a list of goals for my time as a 27-year-old.  



You see, my life has hit a somewhat comical bump in the road recently, and I think it's safe to say that I'm not quite where I want to be in life.  In the span of one week, I made the scary decision not to move in with my boyfriend yet, learned that my company was closing its doors, and found out that my little sister got engaged (before me- much to the chagrin of my grandmother).  Needless to say, I searched for the nearest paper bag and laughed... but only to keep myself from crying into my pint of Phish Food.

Seeing as how I believe that everything happens for a reason, I'm trying my best to keep moving forward, and, for me, that involves lists of goals.  Anyone agree?  I won't bore you with pages of goals for the next 8 months, but I thought it would be fun to share my top 5... and ask you guys to keep me accountable!  So, in no particular order...


  1. Start gaining identity credit to build my future career.  (Also, find a new job to... you know, survive, in general.)
  2. Get a mentor, and keep learning.
  3. Make memories.
  4. Be creative- write, take pictures, annoy all of my instagram followers with pictures of my dog, etc.
  5. Explore.
Do you guys have any goals for your twenties? I know I'm a little late to the party, so you may have already met some of your goals!  If you have, what are your successes?  I'd love to know! 

Image via The Everygirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment